ASSEMBLIES OF GOD 16 FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS
The Assemblies of God, to which our fellowship belongs, has 16 non-negotiable tenets of faith that all Assemblies of God churches adhere to. Four of these, Salvation, the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Divine Healing, and the Second Coming of Christ are considered Cardinal Doctrines which are essential to the church's core mission of reaching the world for Christ.
The Bible is our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice. The 16 Fundamental Truths are intended simply as a basis of fellowship among us (i.e., that we all speak the same thing, 1 Corinthians 1:10; Acts 2:42). The phraseology employed in the statements are not inspired nor contended for, but the truth set forth is held to be essential to a full-gospel ministry. No claim is made that it covers all Biblical truth, only that it covers our need as to these fundamental doctrines.
- The Scriptures Inspired - The Bible is the verbally inspired word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15-17 &2 Peter 1:21)
- The One True God - There is one true God, eternally self-existent, properly understood as one Being of 3 persons. (John 14:16-17 &Matthew 28:19)
- The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. (Matthew 1:23 &Philippians 2:9-11)
- The Fall of Man - Humankind voluntarily fell out of relationship with God through sin. (Genesis 1:26-27 &Romans 5:12-19)
- The Salvation of Man - Only the shed blood of Jesus can redeem individuals from sin and death. (Luke 24:47 &Romans 8:16)
- The Ordinances of the Church - The ordinances of the church are water baptism and Holy Communion. (Romans 6:4 &1 Corinthians 11:26)
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit - All believers are entitled to the baptism of the Holy Spirit, an experience distinct from subsequent to the new birth and promised by the Father. (Acts 1:4,Acts 1:8 &Luke 24:49)
- The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit - Speaking in tongues is the initial physical evidence of the Holy Spirit baptism. (Acts 2:4,1 Corinthians 12:4-10, &1 Corinthians 12:28)
- Sanctification - Sanctification is a life of separation from sin, realized by identifying with Christ's death and resurrection. (1 Peter 1:15-16 &Romans 12:1-2)
- The Church and Its Mission - The church is Christ's body, the habitation of God, and exists for a fourfold purpose. (Ephesians 1:22-23,Ephesians 2:22 &Hebrews 12:23)
- The Ministry - The church is to be led by a divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-16 &Mark 16:15-20)
- Divine Healing - Divine healing is an integral part of the gospel. (Isaiah 53:4-5 &James 5:14-16)
- The Blessed Hope - The resurrection of the righteous dead and the rapture of the living believers is the Blessed Hope of the church. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 &1 Corinthians 15:51-52)
- The Millennial Reign of Christ - The second coming of Christ includes the visible return of Christ to reign for one thousand years. (Revelation 19:11-14 &Isaiah 11:6-9)
- The Final Judgment - A final judgment awaits the wicked, both the dead and the living.(Matthew 25:46 &Mark 9:43-48)
- The New Heavens and the New Earth - A new heaven and a new earth are promised in the Bible for the redeemed in Christ. (2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21, & Revelation 22)
Sunday Mornings - 10 AMJust a friendly reminder that our church is still holding Sunday services, however, we have moved online.
If you missed any of the past few weeks you can still watch them on our Facebook page.If you have not yet watched us live, simply go to our Facebook page on Sunday Mornings at 10AM to watch.Wednesday Evenings - 6:30 PMJoin us for small group Bible study each Wednesday evening at 6:30 PM
Pastor Chris is a long time member of our congregation. He grew up in the Lodi/Poynette area and came to the Lord under the ministry of Prairie Valley Christian Center (Lodi Assembly of God). Pastor Chris served PVCC as an Associate Pastor in 2011-2013. He later returned as our Sr. Pastor in 2015.
- Married to Amanda Wilson in 2004
- Abigail (Daughter) was born in 2014
- Judah (Son) was born in 2016
- Arielle (Daughter) was born in 2019
- BA in Bible–Zion Bible College
- M.Div–Ashland Theological Seminary
- Chaplain Basic Officer Leader Course-United States Army Chaplain Center and School
- Clinical Pastoral Education (5 units)-Meriter UnityPoint Hospital.
- Outreach coordinator at Lodi Assembly of God in Lodi, WI
- Pastoral Internship at Brockton Assembly of God in Brockton, MA
- Pastoral Internship at Faith Chapel in Bridgewater, MA
- Chaplain, US Army
- Children and Youth Pastor at First Church of the Brethren in Ashland OH
- Chaplain at Brethren Care Village in Ashland, OH
- Associate Pastor, Prairie Valley Christian Center in Lodi, WI
- Chaplain at Columbia Correctional Institution in Portage, WI
- Chaplain at Meriter Unity Point Hospital in Madison, WI
Pastor Ryan has served various church congregations over the past twenty years as an Associate Pastor, Children’s Pastor, School Age Child Care Administrator and Daycare Director. He has witnessed and experienced wonderful outpourings of God’s loving spirit upon children and their families while serving in the ministry.
- Married to Jodi Jones in 2010
- Adam (son) was born in 2018
- MS, Organizational Leadership, Nyack College
- MS, Marriage And Family Therapy, Iona College
- BA, Organizational Management, Nyack College
- AAS, Early Childhood Education, Dutchess Community College
- Assemblies of God AIM Missions Trips to El Salvador and Mexico
- Children’s Ministry Internship, Immanuel Church in Wilmington, Delaware
- Children’s Minister and SACC Director, Faith Assembly of God in Poughkeepsie, New York
- Assemblies of God Children’s Crusades in Albany & Long Island, New York
- Children’s Pastor, Trinity Assembly of God in Middletown, New York
- Director of Campus For Kids Learning Center, Lake City Church in Madison, Wisconsin
- Associate Pastor, Capital City Church in Madison, Wisconsin
- Associate Pastor, Prairie Valley Christian Center in Lodi, Wisconsin
Prairie Valley Christian Center is a Bible-believing, Christ-centered, Pentecostal church affiliated with the Assemblies of God.While we have had several different names and locations around our community, Prairie Valley Christian Center can trace its roots back to the 1930s. We have always been a Pentecostal Church and even in our earliest days experienced the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
Our fellowship is a part of The Assemblies of God which was founded in 1914 in Hot Springs, Arkansas with 300 people at the founding convention. Today there are 13,004 churches in the U.S. with over 3 million members and adherents. There are more than 67 million Assemblies of God members worldwide, making the Assemblies of God the world’s largest Pentecostal denomination.